Pages

Monday, May 6, 2019

Math week 1

for math, we did lots of crosswords here's one I made with answers and clues



there was DIMIC maths which I wasn't apart of but I still solved anyway the question was Some octopuses, fish and a few mermaids are in a rock pool. Altogether there are 38 arms, 24 eyes and 8 tails in the pool.
How many mermaids are there?

all of the creatures have 2 eyes so you divide 24 by 2 = 12 assuming there are roughly the same amount of creatures we'll say there are 3 outputs 38 - 24 = 14 3 mermaids  14 - 6 = 8 8 legs left probably for the octopus 4 octopus + 3 mermaids mermaid have tails so 8 - 3 = 5 so there are              4 octopus  3 mermaids and 5 fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.