Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

skittles

Skittles

Aim: To separate colours from skittles by using the chromatography.

Definition: Chromatography is a method of separating out materials from a mixture.
Eg. blood, ink, drugs,

Materials;

1. Yellow skittle. 

2. Red skittle. 
3. Orange skittle. 
4. Purple skittle. 
5. Green skittle. 
6. Petrie dish.
7. Water.
Process:

 Step 1: Get stuff you need.
 Step 2: Put skittles in Petrie dish.
 Step 3: Spread the skittles across the Petrie dish going to each edge of it with them remember to spread out equally.
 Step 4: Pour water into dish.
 Step 5: Watch.
 Step 6: Eat.



Conclusion: What have I learnt from this experiment?

This was a fun experiment and so cool to watch but the skittles were hard and sticky after we pulled them out of the water the reason the skittles looked liked they melted is that they have a food coating that comes of in water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.