Pages

Monday, May 20, 2019

Hurumanu - The feet can measure the height.


THE FEET CAN MEASURE THE HEIGHT

The bones of the feet can tell a lot about a person. What do feet reveal about a person's height? Forensic anthropologists team up with law enforcers to help solve crimes.
Bones of the feet can reveal an interesting fact about an individual. Let's combine math with forensics to see how.

Image result for foot chart sizeImage result for foot to height ratio chart
Aim:  To use forensic science techniques to measure the height of a criminal.

Material:

  1. foot 
  2. measuring sticks

Steps:

  1. get a ruler  
  2.  to measure your height and length of your foot
  3. write them down
  4. Divide the length of each person's foot by his/her height. then multiply it by 100.
Findings:


Name
Foot  (cm)
Height (cm)
Me22.5153
David24148

Divide the length of each person's foot by his/her height. then multiply it by 100.
14.7058823529

My height is 153 cm and my foot is 22 and a half cm long. David's hight is 148 cm and his foot length is 
24 cm long. The way we measured our hight was to stack 2 rulers on top of each other. 
It is kind of surprising David has a bigger foot than me even though he's shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.