Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Eye

 Aim:

To dissect an eye 


Equipment:

Eye

Scalpel 

Scissors 


Method:

1. Get eye

2. Cut off fat

3. Cut out the iris pupil and lens  

4. Drain the vitreous humorous

5. Turn the eye inside out 

6. Cut into 3 equal parts 


Parts:

Sclera: white protective layer

cornea: sclera but at the front

Iris: color

pupil: lets in light

lens: light

retina: the inner layer 

tapetum lucidum: helps animals see in the dark


I enjoyed the dissection aside from the smell when we turned the eye inside out we saw the tapetum lucidum and had to move the retina to be able to fully see it

1 comment:

  1. Hi Travis,
    You have covered all of the points here, well done! The tapetum lucidum was really cool wasn't it. I'm glad you enjoyed the dissection, the eye is really interesting isn't it!
    Next time it would be great if you could add more description to your statements, for example what did the tapetum lucidum look like?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.