Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

The Cay review

The cay is a book written in 1969 by Theodore Taylor about a group of people trying to flee to America from the island of Willemstad during WW2 however they are found by a german u-boat and their ship begins to sink only two people escape an old 70 something man named timothy and a young 12-year-old boy named Phillip together that they find themselves in a small raft drifting somewhere in the Caribbean eventually they drift to a small cay filled with langosta and palm trees. 

Overall I would rate this as a fairly good book with some good twists as well as making you wonder if they ever will get off the cay but the book was rather short at only 122 pages.

The Cay by Theodore Taylor - Penguin Books New Zealand


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.