Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Concentration and dilution

Keywords:

Concentration - The amount of constitute divided by the total volume of the mixture

Dilute - A substance weakened by the addition of other substances 


Aim: 

To make a dilute series 


Equipment:

A potassium permanganate 

Six large test tubes 

Tweezers 

A plastic transfer pipette 

A test tube rack 

10ml measuring cylinder 


 Hypothesis: 

The solutions with the least water will appear less and less colourful as more water is added

Method:

1. Place the six test tubes into the test tube rack. label the rack 1-6

2. Using the measuring cylinder fill 1 test tube with 10ml of water and the rest with 5ml 

3. Add a small crystal to the 10ml test tube 

4. Gently shake 10ml test tube until the crystal has been dissolved

5. Transfer 5ml out of the 10ml test tube then repeat until the last test tube



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.