Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Hurumanu - Climate Change and Greenhouse gases

Hurumanu - Climate Change and Greenhouse gases


AIM: TO LOOK AT CLIMATE CHANGE AND THE GREENHOUSE EFFECT.

The Greenhouse Effect experiment

Materials

  1. 2 plastic bottles 
  2.  3 heat lamps
  3.  2 thermostatic 
  4.  2 corks
  5. baking soda

Procedure

  1.  cut off cap parts of plastic botels to fit the corks
  2. put corks in 
  3. shove thermostat through corks  
  4. put water in bottles 
  5. put baking soda in 1
  6. turn on heat lamps pointing at bottles
  7. measure heat ever 5 mins


Findings: The Greenhouse Effect Data 



Minutes
Bottle 1: Water 
Bottle 2: CO2 Gas
51010
102425
152526
202527























Conclusion:
The regular clean air will heat up slower because there is no gas traping in the heat think of the heat as water and the air like a sponge the regular air is a normal sponge soaking in the heat but the gas is a more absorbent powerful sponge is it soaks up more of the heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.