Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

In CIP we made menus and then got food and made food here is the recipe.



Equipment Plates, Strainer, Pan, Spoons, Ovens, Forks.

Ingredients:

countdown pasta spaghetti X2 2.00$$2

pasta sauce$1.50 per 500g

juice per 1L 1.80 $  

Diced tomato 70c  per 400g,

Hot sauce 2.00$

Beans 1.80$ 400g,

One onion=30c

Total =$10.20

steps
  1. Combine, onion tomatoes. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Drain grease.
  2. Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste into the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer spaghetti sauce for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
  3. Cook the pasta  until soft
  4. Put the pasta in with the sauce.
  5. Add beans and Hot sauce
  6. Drane it and get ready to serve.
Image result for spaghetti pastaRelated image
To complete this challenge, we had to complete the following:

TEAM - Make a team of 6 people … no more, no less

BUDGET - You have $12 to spend (you will need to bring $2 each)

QUANTITIES - You must plan your meal for 6 people

HEALTHY - Your meal must be healthy & nutritious

MENU IDEAS - Find some recipes and visit the Countdown website for food costs.

RECIPE & PLAN - Use your instructional/procedural writing skills to write clear instructions for your team to follow when you are preparing your meal. You will need to make sure you have the correct quantities, include all ingredients and equipment you will require e.g. large pot for cooking pasta, chopping knife, can opener etc.

credit to my group member and friend kush here is his post-http://hpskhushp.blogspot.com/2019/06/the-meal-challenge.html

Reflection 

How it tasted 
Fine, it was a little spicy even though I skipped on the sauces. 

Overall experience 
Bad the table my group was sitting at didn't have enough room for everyone so I had to sit at another table.

Trip + how shopping went
not good my half my group was screaming for pickles but we didn't have enough money.

How you got on with the group 
Bad the screaming with the pickles was bad and everyone was grabbing and touching the ingredients when they didn't need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.