Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

10 chems

Aim: To learn the names of 10 household chemicals and identify if they are a solid, liquid or a gas.

Equipment:

1. Soap.
2. Lemon juice.
3. Salt.
4. Vinegar.
5. Sugar.
6. Milk.
7. Onion.
8. Lemonade.
9. Bleach.
10. Baking Soda.

Task 1: Put the 10 chemicals in a chart with the titles - Name, Chemical ingredient(s), Image, Solid/Liquid/Gas.


I learned a lot about chemicals lots of it I don't understand but I know about different chemicals now at least.



Name
Chemical
Image
solid/liquid/gas
soap
Sodium and potassium salts
Image result for soap
Solid / liquid
Lemon juice
Citrus acid
Image result for lemon juice
liquid
salt
Sodium chloride
Image result for salt
solid
vinagar
Acetic acid and water
Image result for vinegar
liquid
suger
glucose and fructose
Image result for sugar
solid
milk
Calcimum hydroxide
Image result for milk
liquid
Onion gas
Allium cepa
Image result for onion
gas
lemonade
Fructose
Image result for lemonade
liquid
bleach
Sodium hypochlorite
Image result for bleach cleaner
liquid
Bakeing soda
Sodium bicarbonate
Image result for baking soda
solid

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.